At Carolinas Custom Kitchen & Bath Center, we know you likely have many different reasons why you are contemplating a kitchen renovation project. You may want to add value to your home, make the chef in your family overjoyed, have a place to entertain your friends and family, or solve a problem that your current kitchen has. The good news is that you do not have to focus solely on functionality or on aesthetics – you can achieve both! Here are some tips to add both fun and functionality into your kitchen design for the best renovation results:
- Don’t shortcut the planning stage. The design and planning stage of kitchen renovations is where you learn about the various material options, style options, and customization options so you can make informed decisions about what to include.
- Don’t skimp on storage. It is far better to have a few empty cupboards than to run out of space for your pots & pans, dishes, utensils, small appliances, and pantry items. A well-conceived design takes dead spaces and makes them useful.
- Learn what is popular. In the end, your kitchen renovation only needs to please you, right? Actually, that may be true if you plan to live in your home for many years, but if you plan to sell it, you should learn what trends can get you top dollar.
- Keep longevity in mind. Quality is important if you want your investment to give you lasting performance. Choose kitchen cabinets and countertops that will stand up to how you use your kitchen and stand the test of time.
- Don’t be afraid to go custom. Sometimes we equate the word custom with pricey, but it isn’t necessarily the case. If standard cabinetry isn’t going to give you optimal functionality or will nag at you for years to come, it is worth going with custom cabinetry.
- Don’t forget the finishing touches. A finished kitchen renovation means paying attention to the finishing touches, such as lighting, flooring, and tile work, as much as you do to the cabinetry.