It wasn’t that many years ago that pretty much the only option homeowners had for kitchen countertops was laminate, but that has certainly changed with new options coming to the market each year. It is amazingly easy to get the style you want as well as something that will hold up to how your family uses the kitchen.
- Laminate – Believe it or not, laminate is making a comeback as a popular option for kitchen countertops. Not only is it the most affordable option, but manufacturers have really stepped up with new patterns and textures that look impressive.
- Quartz – This is another very popular choice for kitchen countertops, mainly because it is just about maintenance-free and the non-porous surface does not need sealing. Because it is engineered, it also offers a lot of variety.
- Granite – Nothing quite beats the uniqueness of granite since no two slabs are identical in nature. Because it is so popular, this option for kitchen countertops can add a lot of value and marketability to your home.
- Wood – If you are looking for a cottage-style look, you will want to consider wood kitchen countertops.
- Marble – Rarely is marble used for an entire kitchen, although it can be done. It is particularly useful for those that do a lot of baking and is thus sometimes used for one area for this purpose.
- Stainless steel – You’ll love the ease of cleaning and thus lower bacteria of this type of counter. Plus, it looks great in a modern, industrial style kitchen.
- Recycled glass – For the environment-conscious homeowner, recycled glass affords the opportunity to make an eco-friendly choice. There are a number of color options to choose from.
If you have questions about kitchen countertops and want to see what the various materials look like, come see us at Carolinas Custom Kitchen & Bath Center in Mooresville, North Carolina. Our showroom has more than six different complete kitchen and bath displays, which will give you inspiration for your remodeling project.