Are you considering a bathroom remodel and searching for a way to really make your bathroom stand out? The simple answer to this is: create a custom shower. Custom showers are a unique way to set the mood of your entire bathroom. Whether grand or simple, custom showers always make a statement.
There are multiple aspects of building your own custom shower, including:
- Shape. Depending on the size of your bathroom and the overall feel that you are trying to accomplish, you can design a shower with curves or corners to fit your needs.
- Size. Whether you choose to have a shower that dominates your bathroom, or one that only takes up a small corner of it, with a custom shower, it can be done.
- Tile. There are so many options with tile, including color, shape and design, and it’s all up to you. You can choose to have a shiny or matte look, and whether to have small or large tile. And that’s just the beginning!
- Shelving. Shelving in a shower is an important addition that can be easily overlooked. You will want space for your shampoo and soap, so make sure that this is included in your design. You can choose to have built-in cubbies, corner seating, or even shelves above your water fixture.
- Enclosure. A custom shower’s personality really shines from its enclosure. You can choose a glass shower with clear or distorted glass, an open shower with a curtain, or an open (no-door) shower.
- Hardware. Plan carefully for your custom shower’s hardware. This includes the on/off water fixture and the actual showerhead. You can choose to have multiple showerheads, a single showerhead, and even an above-your-head showerhead for a rain or waterfall-type shower.
- Lighting. Lighting is not just for outside the shower anymore. You can choose to have lighting installed inside your shower for optimal sight or mood-setting.
If you are interested in creating your own custom shower, our team at Carolinas Custom Kitchen & Bath Center is here to help you out. We service the Lake Norman / Mooresville, North Carolina area and are ready to get started on creating the perfect shower and bath for you. Call us today!